Saturday, October 2, 2010

My FUN Job


As some of you may know I work for my parents at the sign shop, but one day a week I get to slide in a piece of heaven for myself.  I work at a lil gift shop in the town I grew up in.  Considering I live with all boys and they have no interest in home decor, its kinda like having a day to myself  to play with all the pretty stuff.  I love working retail, especially here!  I love buying and receiving new merchandise, its like Christmas everyday!  I love it when I can over exceed a customers expectation.  Like suggesting gifts to ones liking or registering a new bride.  We also do shower deliveries and set-ups.  It makes a wonderful presentation that reflects our unique gifts.  That is what makes this lil gem so special in our community.  We cater to our customers and love every minute of it.  Seriously, its the best...for me anyways.  And the overall best......going to Market, ahhhhh fun fun!

The Depot has been in business for over 15 years.  About 5 years ago, I worked at the Greenville location for about 18 months.  Now I primarily work at the newest location in Central City.  We opened in Nov 2009.  With a new face lift, I think the lil store looks fantastic!


We carry all kinds of pretties!  Lamps, Candlesticks, Tabletop Gifts and Prints....

Beaded Silver, Author Court, Crystal, & Glass....

College Gear


Lots of Fiesta, Stoneware, and China

Table Linens & Flatware

Coton Colors

And my favorite collection in the store..."Norah Fleming" Serve ware
with all the changeable mini for all occasions.
I personally use mine every time I have guest over for dinner.
I actually met Norah and her brother at Market back in July.
One of the many highlights of that trip.



Lots of Baby Gifts - Mudd Pie & Bunnies By The Bay




Tween Gifts

Tervis Tumblers

Mo Mo Panache Glassware

Rachel Ray Cookware

And Lots of Trendy Jewelry

I hope that wasn't too much picture overload, but a look into my fun job.  If you're ever in town on Thursdays, stop in and see me.  And whoever said gift wrapping was not an art.....IS SO WRONG!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful store. Wish I lived closer, so I could shop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but we need LeisaWorks in it as well, still working on that!

    ReplyDelete