Friday, October 29, 2010

Coalhearated Thoughts

Last night the boys and I watched the Chile Mine Rescue documentary on the discover channel.  If you missed it, you can catch it this Saturday.  Pretty cool to see, they documented it from the very beginning.  I only wish we had that with Quecreek.  Its a wonderful thing to see a successful rescue.

On a sad note, the miner from western Ky that was struck by a shuttle car and his family have been laying heavy on my heart the last few days.   He leaves behind  a wife and 2 children.  Kris & I have become good friends with the safety director of that mine where the accident happened.  I know he must be dealing with a lot, the devastation of losing and friend/co-worker is hard enough.  But having to deal with the investigation must be mind blowing.  Please pray for that miners family, friends, co-workers, rescuers and government officials during this time.  As hard as we may try as a mining community, even when our fatalities are low, one fatality is one too many.  Until we are accident free, its not enough.  Kris has had a few close calls before, and times like this remind us how we are not 100% in control.  It reminds us to say our prayers a little more often.  Reminds us to hold tighter to our families.  Reminds us to be thankful for each day we have and not take it for granted.  Reminds me to tell my husband everyday to "Think Smart, Work Safe" cause your family and fellow miner families depend upon it.

This is one of my favorite pictures.  Its called "Daddy's Home....Every Shift, Every Day"


I hope our Ky miners are wearing their PINK today, thinking SMART, and working SAFE!  Also I want to give a "Shout Out" to our AMS Girls.  I know your days are long and tough sometimes and dealing with all those screaming men all day can give you a headache.  But you are the eyes and ears that help keep our MEN safe....So THANK YOU!  Hope you have a safe & wicked Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment