Sunday, October 17, 2010

And The Spooks Are Out - Well Kinda-of-Sort-of

 All my close family & friends know how much I love this time of year.  I love to decorate for Fall & Halloween.  But most of all I love hosting our BIG Halloween Bash.  But this year I have slacked.....I mean some major slacking going on.  We've been repainting most of the rooms in the house and replacing the flooring.   I have about 5 different paint swatches on my living room walls, so decorating really isn't that much fun when your place is in "shambles".  My oldest son has had not one, but two knee injuries since June.  So we are awaiting knee surgery next week.  As you can tell, other priorties have assumed my free time lately, and you could say that my maid serives have been lacking as well.  My house just doesn't feel complete so I wasn't going to put out any of my decorations in my living room.  But the more I thought about it, the more I just couldn't stand it any longer.  So out came some spooks.


These are some of my favorites - my "trick or treaters"  Aren't they sweet?

And every Wtich needs her Spell Book

These adorable lil polk-a-dot candles sticks are from RAZ, they flicker too.

My Halloween tree was given to me for my birthday a few years ago from my sweet friend Kelli B.

Aren't these perfect for my tree?  Dollar Store!

Can you see that I love Witches?



My backdoor greeter.  She's sings too!

I've really missed having all my spooks out this year.  But my living room looks like this....



I've had these paint swatches on my wall for about 3 weeks and I still can't decide.  What do you think?
I need to get the main living area finished ASAP, Christmas if right around the corner!  Gotta get my "JINGLE" on.

Well.....Fall Break is officially over, time to start a new week.  Lane will be having his surgery on Wednesday in Nashville.  He has a great ortho surgen and we feel really good about the procedure on his knee.  Just wish he didn't have to go thru this at the age of 14.  We got him out of the house this weekend, took him shopping and out to eat at Cheddars with some friends and Uncle Country.  But I need to find things to keep him entertained at home, its going to be a long recovery.  Please keep my big boy in your thoughts and prayers.


Have a Marvlous Monday!

1 comment: