Thursday, October 21, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Kids Rooms



BOY O'BOY Bedrooms!

This Friday at Kellys Korner is Show Us Your Life Childrens Rooms.

First up is my youngest Karson's room.  We just repainted all the bedrooms and they still need a lil work.  I chose to do a chalkboard on one wall; can you say DUST!  But they are only lil once, right?  Well nothing big and fancy here, less than $100 purchased his sheets, bedding, and curtains at the big Wally World in town.   He wanted black..........black walls, black bedding, black furniture, black everything.   So this was our compromise.


I just got Karson this bedroom suite this summer from Ashley Furniture.  After having black in the oldest sons room, I really didn't want more black furniture in the house.  Pretty when its clean, but I don't have time to dust more than once a week.  So we went with a dark brown.  Not much better, but like I said....pretty when clean.


The walls are pretty bare right now.  I'm trying to find some type of shelving to place sports trophies and awards on.  Just haven't found the right "something" just yet.


We don't have many toys in the house these days :( Makes me very sad.  Between Xbox, the computer, and the million dollar investment I've made in LEGO for the past 10 years, that's about it.  Maybe a few guns, swords, etc.



I've been on the look out for a terrific lamp for a boys room, I think I found it....just maybe.


Second up is my oldest Lane's room.  He picked the colors himself, and I pretty much agreed with him.  I love color.


Not too much going on in here either. 


My son is a big fan of the military, which by the way lays heavy on heart.  Not that I wouldn't be a proud mom but........that's my baby!  I couldn't find exactly what I wanted to put above his headboard, so one day at work I just went through a lot of clipart, found this and decided to make some slight changes.  For those who don't know, I work for my parents who have been in sign business for 35+ years.  So I get to do my own designing, kinda fun!


And that's about it.  Oh how I do miss the baby rooms.  They have outgrown so much but are turning into fine young men.  It happens so fast.  Don't know what I will do when these rooms are empty, oh yes I do, I'm going to college with them.  I always wondered what dorm life would be like.....Have Fabulous Friday!

4 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love the soldiers marching! Awesome! My husband is in the military...nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat! My kids would love that chalk board wall!

    ReplyDelete