Sunday, October 10, 2010

Some Coal Hearted Updates

Chile Rescue
Yesterday was a joyous day in Chile as the drill reached the roof of the mine shaft where 33 miners are  patiently awaiting rescue.  According to the news, a doctor will be sent down the  half mile tunnel to evaluate each miner before sending them up in a capsule one by one.  I'm sure it will be the longest half hour ride of their life.  Plans to bring miners up to the surface may start as early as Wednesday. 
Awaiting this rescue reminds me of the Quecreek Mine Rescue from 9 years ago.  I can tell you exactly where I was when I seen those coal dusted faces appear out of that yellow capsule.  We had planned to go the the lake with my mom & dad to take the kids camping.  We sat in that camper for hours watching the rescue as it took place.   As each miner was brought up, tears of joy fell for each one of them and their families.  Tears of relief and accomplishment for the rescue teams.  And tears of my own, for the thought that "you never know when it could be your loved one" had been deeply tucked away in the back of my mind had now surfaced.  

 Kris had only been in the mines for about 4 years when the Quecreek Mine Rescue occurred, so this was real to me.  Reality had sit in.  Don't think I didn't say.....OK time for new job.  But the Good  Lord  had other plans for our family.  He has blessed us  all these years and brought my hubby home to me everyday that he has entered that dark mine.  The coal industry has done great things for our family.  We have met such wonderful and talented people who care about the future and safety of coal mining.  If you have read some of my previous post, then you know that Mine Rescue is a very important part of our life.  Kris was raised in a Mine Rescue Family, his dad served 12 years and won a national title.  Kris served as a team member for 3 years.  He was officially off the team at the beginning of the year.  He has been given an opportunity go in a different direction at the mines, so hopefully the Lord will continue to bless us and direct him with good judgement and a clear mind.

Blackwater Outlaws

For those of you (mostly coalminers) that like the southern rock group Blackwater Outlaws, known for their song "Covered in Coal".   They now have a new album called "Home Up A Hollar".   It features Coal Miners Hands and my favorite off the album "Guys Like You".   You can listen to the new album on their facebook page, and purchase it if you like....click HERE to listen,  and become a fan as well.

My new blog design will uploaded soon.  I'm so excited about it.  I saw the preview today.  When it's up, I'll post the website where you can get yours!  Enjoy your Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment