Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mission Accomplished Chile

10-13-10 = 33 Alive and Well
A Day of Celebration for Camp Hope

Wow!  Words can not explain the last 24 hours.  UNBELIEVABLE!...My hubby said when the last Chile Miner was pulled out from below the earths surface.  What a story of Dedication, Courage, Bravery, Unity, Compassion, Selflessness, Generosity, and overall ACCOMPLISHMENT.

Doesn't that just warm your heart?


Isn't it something that you can take 33 strangers whom you do not know, trapped miles away, follow their journey, feel their pain, and pray their prayers.


Isn't it something that you can take 33 strangers whom you do not know, rescued miles away, follow their journey, share their joy, and thank our heavenly father for answered prayers.


John 15:12-13
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

 A BIG Thank You to our mine rescue teams!!!

Thought I would post a few of my favorite Mine Rescuers. Past & Present. 
#1 is my hubby of 15 years!

Kris, I'm so proud of you.  The last 3 years you have showed me what doing for others really is about.  You have pushed yourself mentally & physically  in ways that I've never seen you do before.  You have excelled with the best and bettered yourself along the way.  You make me proud to call you the father of my children. Smooch!  I love ya!


#2  My father-in-law Steve

Howdy (as most miners know him) served on one of Peabody's Ky Mine Rescue Teams for 12 years.  He now serves as a member of the State of Ky Mine Rescue Team.  He's been a great mentor for Kris.  I have to say, he sure did a good job raisin' his boy.

National Mine Rescue Champions 1989, 20 years later.
That's one fine bunch of men!
Danny Knott (Kris' former trainer Ky Coal Academy), Randy Duncan (Kris' former trainer Highland Coal Co) , Bill Bullock & Steve Maddox (father-in-law)

Say your thank-yous tonight! I know I will, I've got a lot to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment