Monday, January 2, 2012

This & That....a bit of everything.

I'm am so diggin' my coupon skills I've picked up on lately.  My friend over at All That Glitters has really  pumped me up  in last few months to learn the "skills" of couponing.  She now has a new blog called Saving Glitter that I get a lot of tips from.  I also like to cheat with Southern Savers, they give you the weekly match ups, basically doing all the hard work for me, its so easy!   Here was my buys tonight.  Kroger $18.75 and Wal-Mart $2.11.  Total for all of this $  20.86


I've been meaning to post some of K's artwork on his chalk board wall, but everytime I go to snap a photo, he has already wiped if off.  So I decided to just leave him some words of encouragement.


I was so excited to get his new belt display up on the wall.  His belts have been stored away in the drawers and I really wanted to get them up where he could see them everyday.  He will be testing for Brown belt possibly in March if he's ready, and I thought this would remind him everyday to work hard.


My son Lane has been making some really neat para cord bracelets lately.    Here's the band he recently made for his watach.  Yep, he's crafty just like his momma!


I tried something new this week.  Our Wally world was out of the usually bar soap that I use to make Homemade Laundry Detergent out of.  So instead of driving across town, I decided to try option #2.  I read that you could replace the 1/3 Fels-Naptha bar soap with a whole bar of Ivory.  I purchased some Purex Crystal Scent Booster for $4.99 as well.  I added about 1/2 of the bottle to the 6 cups of cold water (in which I heated to melt the crystals).  It was excited to see if it worked and it did!  I think I like this better.  I would think that you could add any of the scent boosters and it would work just as well.  


So my Dad is suppose to retire, right?  Well maybe a few projects here and there still left to do.  Thought I would share them with you.  This coke box belongs to a friend and it has been there for a while, about 8 years.  Waiting for Dad to have the time to work on it.  Well, 8 years later, he's finally getting it done.  Refinished and restored, spray painted, and then hand painted.  My dad loves projects like this, its not a money maker but satisfaction can sometimes be worth so much more.  I need to post photos of his refurbished gas tanks!  They are Gorgeous!



Yep, he's still got it!


He's been staying around the sign shop, helping out the new owners who by the way are doing GREAT, FANTASTIC!  We really couldn't of asked for anything better than The Fords taking over the family business.  They are such great people.  Good christian people who are working with our community and our family to make this a great take over.  My dad is phasing his way out and they are branching out and growing the business.  It really has been a real blessing.  I'm so thankful they were able to come in and continue serving our community.

Like I said earlier, during the last 6 months my dad has stayed with them to help train and make sure that they are comfortable with all the large jobs that are coming in.  So this is some of my dad's last work.   These are the new city entrance  signs to our lil town.




One project my dad has been working on for the last year or so is the local Palace Theater in Greenville.  He just got the okay to start the job a few months ago.  The new marquee will be a replica of the original marquee that dates back to the 1940's.



Well I guess that's all I have to share today.  I've been trying to get caught up on things lately.  So, now on to 2012.   Back to school for the kids tomorrow and a regular routine for me.  Yall have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment