Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bringing the Past to Life....The Palace Theatre

Work on The Palace Theatre sign has just about come to an end.  This has been a very fun project for my  family and the Ford Family.  Although I had absolutely nothing to do with this project, I'm still very proud and would like to share it with you.  In one of my earlier post, I mentioned this project.  This project started a few years ago when the local theatre - MCTI dreamed of having the old 1930's marquee come back to life.  Along with some of the board members and my Dad, they were able to put this plan on paper but thats about as far as it got for a while.  This past summer we got the OK to start.

My brother welding brace & frames.


Faces & Neon on!




Loading up.


All lite up! Mom & Dad.


 Just Beautiful!  I love that they used old school neon.  Due to LED's you don't see much neon anymore.  But I love it!


The Fords.


Dad, Mom, Me, my brother Nathaniel.


Going up!
Dad & Nathaniel, one last job together.


Lana Ford, Me & Mom.


Lots of family & friends, city administration, townsmen, and photographers came out to watch.  Below are my mom & dad's car club friends.  They've been friends with some of these people for as long as I can remember.


This is the original sign, dated around 1930-1940.  Exact location too.

As of the next morning.  Finishing touches will be made this week and a lighting ceremony in just a few weeks.  I'm very excited to see it all come together.


This project was pretty cool I have to say.  Bringing the past back to life.  That's something my Dad does very well.  He really does have a such a wonderful talent.  He can see and imagine so much from absolutely nothing.   Its very meaningful to town itself and those who have many memories of visiting the old theatre.  I will post pictures of the lighting ceremony in just a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment