Monday, January 2, 2012

My Endometriosis Adventure - Yep, its about my female plumbing. Read or Pass.

Sept 16, 2011 - OK, not all would post this and I may not.  But if you are reading this, then for some reason I decided too.  I use this blog as a journal for myself to reflect back on , and most of all for my kids.  People have asked me why I blog and am I happy all the time.  As I said before, its a journal for me,  and I'm not happy all the time.  I have always been one to focus more on my happy times and not the bad times.  I too, have days that just plain SUCK!   And this month of September has been a challenging one.  I had lots of exciting things going on this time of year, fall is  my favorite season.  And soon I might have enough energy to blog about them.  But right now my mind has been suppressed by what will hopefully come with a happy ending.  I noticed some changes in the female plumbing lately and I've had some pain in the last few months in my lower abdoman.  So here's what I know for now.

A few weeks ago I had some physically changes in my body that told me I needed to see a doctor ASAP.  Within a few days my GYN was able to tell me that like 50% of women, I have a few fibroid tumors which aren't a big deal.  Most all ways they are benign.  But when doing an ultrasound to check the size of the fibroid tumors, he found a very large cyst on one of my ovary's.  And like most, he is sure thats its benign.  (Ok, so I like to say that, it sounds good.....but honestly, I'm worried) It does have to be drained and checked.  And since we are going to do that, might as well check for scar tissue and endometriosis while they are in there.  So it's been a little overwhelming the last few days.  I've always been able to focus on the positive, but having a very hard time these last few days.  I'm trying  my best to remind myself of the horrific time my sister-in-law went thru 6 years ago.  She was told that she had cancer, would have to have a full hysterectomy, and would ungo chemo.  All of this news given to her the night before Thanksgiving.  Well after a lot of upset days, worrying nights, a prayer was answered.  She didn't have cancer.  They found Endometriosis and removed it.  So I keep telling myself, no need to be upset until someone gives you bad news.

Sept 28 - It's the night before my surgery and I feel really good.  The past few weeks have been up and down.  I've had a few mini breakdowns, while trying to hid it from my children.  Trying to put on a happy face but sometimes its just really hard.  I guess its the mom in me that doesn't want them to worry.  The hubby has been really good, he hugged me in the kitchen a few nights ago and said it didn't matter what it was, we would hit head on together.  I feel sorry for him a lot. I'm so hormonal and everything hurts my feelings.   I'm sure he doesn't feel like he knows what to say or when to say it.   I hate that he goes to work with it on his mind.  I see the worry in his eyes.   But tomorrow I should  know something and I have peace about it tonight.

Sept 30-  It's all good! Well I consider no signs of cancer "good"!  Its all Endometriosis.  I can deal with that.

Oct 6 - Today I had my post-op appointment with my doctor.  He explained what was going on. My Endometriosis is  on my right ovary and has spread to my bladder.  He suggested 4 months of a injection called Lupron.  This will put me into a menopause state to kill out most of the Endometriosis followed up by a birth control pill.  Hopefully this will keep me from having a hysterectomy.  But I'm not sure, going research and talk to a lot of friends......and pray about it.

Oct 16 - Well I've been praying, reading blogs, talking to friends and family.....still don't know what to do.

Nov 9 - Well I think I've decided to take the injections but the hubs hurt his arm this week.  So we are going to take care of that first, then make a final decision.

Dec 29-  After a few crazy months and the holidays are now over, I start my first Lupron injection Jan 3rd.  Having a rough few days physically today and yesterday.  Hopefully this will be the last on this level.

Jan 1, 2012 - Well its a new year.  I'm finally feeling a bit better in the last few days.  Going for my first injection tomorrow.  Praying the Lord keeps me sane and upbeat during this process and that it works.  And praying that my husband and children can bare it.  So to my friends, family, and blog buddies, I'm apologizing in advance if I seem to go off the deep end.  Just pray that I'm making the right decisions and that the side effects will be slim to none if possible and that it gives me some relief.  Thank You!




1 comment:

  1. Misty, I went through surgery for endo when I was 17 and was on Lupron for 6 months following that. At the time my mom and dad were terribly freaked out about it, but the dr. Thought it would be the only way to preserve my fertility. After that 6 months was over, I went on birth control pills and stayed on them until I was ready to have children. I had my second surgery for endo at age 31 when at that time I went in to surgery with an oncologist not knowing if it was cancer and expecting the worse. Fortunately, it was just endo again. I am sure I will continue to battle it but I wanted to say that the Lupron isn't terrible. I did notice the menopausal symptoms of hot flashes and sleeplessness, but they went away once I stopped treatment so hopefully yours will too. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete