Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Rate Version of Yourself

I've always been my own person.  I've always been a pleaser, never wanting to turn over the apple cart but yet I had no problem speaking up as well.  Always liked to think out of the box.   Very Bold and Over the Top at times.  As a child I dressed differently, I so wanted to be the next Cyndi Lauper.  I guess that would explain mix match converse shoes and the twisted hair cuts I longed for and sometimes achieved.  I often now wonder as a mother how my mother dealt with me at the time.  I don't think I gave her much trouble, but boy my fashion  choices were a lil on the crazy side at times. She must of love me unconditionally.  I'm am so thankful for that kind of love.  I wonder about my own children at times.  Hoping they turn out okay.  Wondering if I'm teaching them the same lessons my parents taught me.  So what do I know today?  As I look back to this photo, I see a girl who had a dream....the dream of being her own self.  So to all you  readers, bloggers, family & friends....I love you for who you are.  Be true to your own self, Stand out in a crown and Live Large!

Here's a quote I like "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.  I really hope this is something that I will pass to my children, for I love them so much for who they are.  




And I didn't turn out that bad, but who would of thought!

1 comment: