Friday, January 13, 2012

The Boy and His Hats - Pinterest Hat Rack

As long as I can remember Karson has always had a liking to funny hats.  Never was one to wear a ball cap much unless it was during a baseball game.  
Here's a few.
Panda Bear


Pirate Goofy.


I have no ideal, but he likes it.


So all these hats keep piling up in his room and I'v been looking for something to display them on.  I started searching for a hat rack on amazon, but the cheapest one that I liked was about $50 bucks plus shipping.  Yuck! I knew I could come up with something so when all else fails......I go to Pinterest!

Here's what I found!
Here's the Link.


I started wondering what I could hang the ribbon from.  And I remember all my friends with girls always had letters with ribbon hanging from them.  They would clip their lil hairbows on it, so I thought why can't I do that with hats????

Here's what I found in about 10 minutes.
1.  Old letters from Kohls (paid $5 each about 2 years ago)  Just so happen all the boys in my house share the first and last initial.  What luck, right?
2.  Ribbon I found on the clearance isle at Wal Mart (paid $2.50 about 1 year ago)
3.  Metal clips from the office (paid about $2.00 for them about 3 years ago)


I used the toothpaste trick to find where I need to put my nails in without having to use a tapeline.  I put no serious time into this, eyeballed it and moved on.



I took the ribbon and doubled it up for extra strength.   I used 3 small nails to hang it from.  I slipped it under the bottom letter where the unfinished ribbon wouldn't be seen.



Found these clips in my office, they'll work!


Used the clips to attach all his hats to the ribbon.


Here's what I got in about 20 minutes.  Now his hats are displayed and not cluttering up his room as much.
Cheap and Easy!


If you're not on Pinterest yet, its a "must" if you like to craft.  So many ideals!!!
Happy Pinning!


No comments:

Post a Comment