Sunday, June 26, 2011

Smoke Off & Sunday Nothings

Saturday night we met up with some of the Maddox Family for the 1st Annual CC Smoke Off.  Aunt Mary and Aunt June were home for the weekend to attend their high school reunion and we were able to sneak in a lil down time to visit with them.  As most of you know, I just love the Maddox/Dennis family.  So here are My Favorite Aunt Peggy, My Favorite Aunt Mary, and My Favorite Aunt June along with their life long friend Anna and my Mother-In-Law Debbie.


We were a little late and didn't get to sample all the Bar-B-Q but the homemade ice cream was Delish!  I had Strawberry, my FAV!!!!

And we can't leave out the boys.  I think they "coalmined" all night long.
Kris, Steve (father-in-law), and Ronnie (Kris' Uncle)

Me & the best Mom-In-Law in the world.


My Favorite Aunt Mary (Birthday girl)


Me & My Favorite Aunt Peggy


Today we did nothing, ok, so I did nothing.  The Hubs and I stayed in the bed til noon.  We made reservations to go camping in the next few weeks and decided to pull all the necessities out.  We have a huge 8 man tent but it seems to be a lot of work so Kris decided to purchase another small tent at Wally World today.    So here's the my home for 4 days and 3 nights.  Considering the kids have their own tent, I'm calling this one "The Love Shack".


And just so you know, even 36 year olds still like to set camp up in the middle of the living room and watch TV.


So in a few weeks, we'll be loading up the truck like a bunch of Hillbilly's and heading to the Smokey Mountains to rough it up for a few days.  Going to forgo all the nice dining, dinner shows, and shopping and spend some good ol' quality family time together.  Getting back to the basics of life, tubing, fishing, hiking, and campfires.  Quality time with the 3 boys I love the most.  Have a Marvelous Monday Bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment