Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Kronos, Beech Bend, and 4-H Camp

Western Kentucky is finally seeing some major flood relief in the last few weeks.  The river is still up and the bugs are badddddddddddd. Oh how I hate bugs.  A few weeks ago the hubs took me on a lil Sunday road trip.  This is the famous Green River.


Big Rivers Power Plant - Hi Justin!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Notice all the bugs on the windshield.


The hubs has been working way too much but I guess it just comes with the job.  I think he's now married to it actually.  The next 6 months aren't going to get any better at all.  Their time is almost up at the current mine and he'll be moving his crew to the new mines when they hit the coal seam.  This was my first trip out to see the new place, its going to be very nice!  Just wondering if I should buy a cot to put in his office considering the time he's going to be there.  I know I should stop complaining.  We are very fortunate to have a job in todays economy.  But the stress it puts on a marriage SUCKS! Yes, I said it, its sucks!  I just miss him :(
Ok, so I'm off that now, heres a look at the new place.






Awwwww.......My handsome man!  No, not perfect but perfect for me.  The reason I choose to swim not sink when times are tough.



Last Friday was Karson's Jr. Beta trip to Beech Bend.  He really is growing up with a good group of kids, I really enjoy being around all his friends.


I forgot to tell Karson that the bigger guy always gets the outside on the Scrambler.  Classic "help I'm smooched" photo.


It was 68 degrees outside and the kids were swimming like fools! Crazy!


Karson's favorite 5th grade teacher, Mr. Sharp.


Another hat that the brother will love!  I think it outdoes the Panda Bear Hat. 



My friend Bobbi turned 40 last week and this is what her lovely husband left her while we were on the field trip with the kids. Ha!  Should of seen her face when we pulled up at the school parking lot.  Priceless!



40 Balloons and Dead Flowers!


Karson left for 4-H camp on Monday, its been very quite around here.



Hope & Chelsea


Hope and her dad Keith (one of my favorite coal miners).  Keith was on the same mine rescue team as Kris for 2 years and now is one of the safety directors at the same mines.  Love the Whitehouse family!


Letters from home.  Considering camp is one day shorter this year I had to mail letters off on the day he left.


Well I think the pool is calling my name, have Wonderful Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. i know how it is to have your husband gone. The srambler pic is so funny!

    ReplyDelete