Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Week Celebrating some of my Favorite Guys!

What a busy week, but never too busy when it includes all the favorite guys in my life.  This week Karson wrapped up his base ball tournament.  Had a few rain outs, but are officially finished for the season.  Notice the blue ribbon on Karson's  sleeve?  It was honor of a lil boy named Corbin who was just 5 years old, he passed this past Saturday due to Battens disease.  So sad, just beaks my heart.


My lil catcher!  Mom sure was glad to see you back behind the plate again K.


Tuesday night we celebrated Kris' 36th Birthday with his parents at Phillys.  I made a visit out to the mines and decorated his office and of all days I forgot my camera.  If you know Kris very well, he's soft spoken, quite, a lil shy, and does not like any attention at all.  So any chance for me to give all those boys out there an opportunity to rag him a bit, Yep, I'm gonna do it.  Happy Birthday!



I also got to eat lunch with my niece Kinley and nephew Payton this week.  


and with my brother too.


Saturday Kris & I celebrated our 16th Anniversary.  We thought we would be at the ball field all day for K's tourney but the weather seemed to have different plans for us.  So that night we headed out (just the two of us) which is very rare for dinner and a Saturday night drive. Here's a few picts.


I really do think I'm married to the most handsome man in the world!  And as he gets older, he gets better looking ;)  I love you Mr. Maddox!!!


Ok, so we're not 18 anymore, but I still like to kiss on him.


After dinner we put the windows down and the sun roof up, took a trip to sonic, rode around listening to some good music.  The simple things in life are often the most important things in life.


Now being completely serious.  16 years have come and gone and hasn't been as easy breezy like some may think.  Marriage is hard and has been the most difficult but most rewarding commitment I've ever made.   I think back to the vows we made on our wedding day and good times/bad times we've shared in our marriage.  It seems these days that a successful marriage is very uncommon, but is possible.  I know that it requires hard work, commitment, compromise and adaptability, love and respect, and a helping hand.  I, myself witnessing it firsthand with my parents and Kris parents, marriages that have stood the test of time for more than 35 years is so encouraging.  It reminds me of why it is important to keep trying, growing, learning, and loving.  Marriage is the most worthwhile venture I will ever invest in.   I can't read the future but what I know for sure is that 16 years ago I married my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, LOVE.


1 comment:

  1. Those are the cutest kids!!! Happy Anniversary! Love your ear rangs girl!

    ReplyDelete