Saturday, May 28, 2011

Karson's 5th Grade Graduation

I told you that eventually I would be able to talk about it.  It only took a week! lol  Seriously, last week was a rough one, my baby graduated from elementary school.  I just can't believe it has flown by this fast.  I'm very proud of "K".  He's growing into a fine young man.  Here's a little about you Karson, just so that I will always remember.

Karson Nathaniel-
You are such a sweet boy, especially with little ones.  You are always playing with the younger brother/sister of your friends, your small cousins and any baby that's around. 


You are also a very good friend.  You always cheer on your team mates, encourage your peers, and always like your friends for who they are.  You are very good at making new friends, always the first to engage in conversation.  Always the kid to make a friend on vacation the first hour you are at the pool or beach.


This year you were involved in Soccer, Baseball, Tae Kwon Do, Jr. Beta Club, and STLP.  You did not like going to the 5th grade Valentines Day Dance and you refused to go with a date.  As of the end of your 5th grade year, you think girls stink unless they are cool like Baily Evans and don't bug you all day long. Your favorite teacher was Mr. Grant Sharp and your favorite subject is Math.  Your least favorite is Reading.  


This year you went to Mr. Carver's office for the first and only time.  You and your friend Cody were goofing around when you fell into a chair and hurt your side.  I came to school to pick you up and take you to the Dr.  Everything was just fine except for the fact that your feelings were hurt over Cody having to sit out recess and write you an apology letter. 


You never give me notes from school unless its something  you wanted.  I had no ideal about putting baby pictures of you in the annual or graduation slide show.   In the month of May you were awarded Student of the Month.


Most mornings you rode the bus to school with Mrs. Pam and rode the bus home with Mrs. Vanessa on the days I had to work.  2 days a week you would go to your Mamaw Maddox's and 1 day a week to your Mamaw Taters.


You were awarded President's Award for Education Excellence.  This award is given to those who maintain a 3.5 or above GPA through out the year. I was very proud of you.


You were very excited to be leaving elementary school and ready to go to middle school.  You were very sad that your friends Keenan and Tyler would be going to the next county over and wouldn't be able to attend middle school with you.

During graduation your class sang "If I Could Change The World" and " The Climb".


Those that attended your graduation was Mamaw & Papaw Deason.


Your Mamaw & Papaw Maddox, along with your Aunt Na-Na.


 And of course, your biggest fans!  Mom & Dad. Also your biggest pain in your side, your loving brother. lol


After graduation we celebrated with your closest friends and their family at the Purple Onion.


I have enjoyed being at all the fall festivals, ball games, reading nights, sleep overs, and field trips that you have always welcomed me to. You have always acted proud to have me there and never embarrassed of me.  I thank you for being such a sweet boy and being a mother to you and Lane is my biggest achievement.  You have made that so easy for me.


As Oprah said during her final show, I hope you easily find your purpose in life and "get to it".  Find what sparks you and illuminate the world.  Use your life to serve others.

Mom doesn't always know the answers, but there's a few things I know for sure.....

I can tell you that if you always give and expect nothing in return, you will be blessed deeply beyond measure.  You will always receive in return 10x what you put out into this world.  You can always go beyond your biggest dreams.  Don't ever lose your kindness, your sweet wrinkled nose smile, for it always warms my heart.  Always remember to put God first in your life.  And be thankful every day for what is given to you .   And always remember no matter what, I will always be your biggest fan.  

Love Mom

1 comment: