Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Day in Princeton

I've been on a "visit your local towns" kick lately, so me and some of my coal family took a girls day out to Princeton, Ky.  Its about 40 miles west of here and what a fun day it was.  All attending was Lori, Beth, Me, Sheila, and Chas.
First we went shopping downtown in some of the antique and specialty stores.


Then walked around and seen the sites.







Went to Newsom's Country Store where they age ham and sell old old stuff.  Reminded me of the old country stores my mom use to tell me about.



Sorgham Suckers, I just couldn't eat them.  My grandmother use to love sorghum & butter on biscuits.  But pure sorghum, I think it would be too sweet.  But Lori liked it.






Seen the rest of the town before going to eat.






Oh YUMMMM!  Best Pizza Ever! Well closest thing you'll find in Western Ky that is anything close to Chicago Pizza.  Had lunch at Pagliai's Pizza and it was so wonderful!  Deep Dish with the works. YUMMMMMM!


After lunch we toured Adsmore House & Gardens.  Sorry, no pictures allowed inside.









And then about 4 miles out of Princeton we made a stop at Medicine Man Wines (formerly known as Black Oak Vineyard).

Very Charming.


Did some wine tasting.


And a little more wine tasting.


Love the decor in here.


And the racks were gorgeous.


Spent some time here shopping around.



And made a new friend, Jacki.  She was once a Coal Miners Wife, but lost her husband in an electrical accident underground only a few months after they were married


View of the Vineyard.




 Oh I so loved it here.  I think you call it "Inspiration".


 We had such a great day together.  Got to see some of our local mom & pop businesses and enjoyed spending time with some of my Coal Family.  Love you girls! and I'm so ready to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment