Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chicago Wedding Weekend

My Chicago weekend got of to a very bad start!  A semi decided to back up over me.  And here's the damage....$5800.00.  So it happened at 7pm the night before we were leaving.  And we were planning on leaving at 5am.  So no chance on getting a rental car before then, and Kris' truck was not ready for such a road trip.  So thanks to mom & dad, we borrowed the new dodge.  I think Kris got spoiled on this trip.  


We headed north to celebrate Kris' Cousin Peter's wedding..  We stayed with Groom and his family and I finally got to meet the Beautiful Bride Ashten.  We always have such a good time when we visit.  Their home is beautiful, the hospitality is unbelievable, and the back yard is so charming!  I could stay out there for hours.  Here's a few pictures of the back yard, wished I had taken some during the open house party, it was beautiful!





This is my girl Paige.  She's another cousin, the Grooms only sister!  I just love her, she's a Mini Me of her mom Cathy whom I adore as well.  This night we went downtown to eat.  And ohhhhh did we eat!



This is Riley, the Bride & Groom's first baby!  He's such a sweet pup, and so well behaved.  We all wanted to bring him home with us! 


Me & my big boy, oh he's growing up so fast.  So handsome.


All 3 of us girls.  Me, Paige, Cathy.


Awwwww,  The Bride & Groom.  He couldn't of picked a prettier or sweeter girl.  She fits him perfectly!


Me & the hubs.


Lane, Kevin & Karson.


Gary & Cathy.


We had dinner at Mastro's downtown Chicago.  It was wonderful!


Some last minute decorations for the reception.


The big day.  Groom's brother and Best man, Josh.  So Handsome!


The Groom's Baby Bother Kevin.


Charlie, another brother!  They are all just too handsome!


OK, we all made it.  Dressed and 10 minutes to spare before leaving for the ceremony.  So......FAMILY PICTURE'S......MY FAMILY LOVES THIS!!! can't you tell.
One Big Happy Family.


I'm thinking this will be Christmas Card material.


Awwww... all 3 of my handsome boys.


Can you see the brotherly love just pouring out of them?


I love this picture of my "Lane".  He doesn't let me take many pictures.


Me with the hubs again, oh I can't say Handsome enough times today.


See what I mean.  This family is full of handsome men!  Here's the Groom!  Peter.


Me & Cathy before the ceremony.  Doesn't she look fantastic!  And she has had 5 kids!!!


The ceremony was beautiful. So perfect!


Kris' cousin Angie with Barrett aka Bubs.  Bubs is actually like a lil brother to me.  He's one of my BFF's lil brother and he hated us growing up.  We were so mean to the poor boy.   Now he's all grown up and the Maddox family loves him (really hoping he "puts a ring on it" soon).


It's official....Mr & Mrs. Johnson!  Aren't they just too gorgeous!  Oh I can't wait for them to have babies!!!


After the ceremony we headed back to the house to enjoy the Open House that Cathy was hosting between the ceremony and the reception.  The girls did such a good job here, the food was so yummmy.





And ya'll know what a big Nora Fleming fan I am.  So I had to bring the lil blue box with me as a gift for the Mother of the Groom Cathy.


Uncle Ronnie and Kris.  I just love a man in PINK!


Cousins, Kimmy with hubby Trent and twin sister Kayla.


More of the family.


The magician.  He was really good!




More cousins.....Kathy & daughter Katie.


Party time!  The Reception.
Kris & Dan


Official announcement of Mr. & Mrs Johnson.


Cousin's Kerry & Danielle.


Cousin's Tom & Teresa.


Cousin Angie & Barrett.


Me & the hubs at reception.


He loves me! hehe


My favorite Aunt June and my favorite Aunt Peggy.


Uncle Ronnie & My Favorite Aunt Peggy


They still got it!  And I love it!


Thomas and his story telling....


Yep, pretty funny!




Lots of dancing!


Kris' Uncle James (90 yrs old) also the Groom's Grandfather.  He sat right up front the whole night.  I think he really enjoyed the party.


Karson.


Charlie and Uncle James.  I love this photo of them together.


The young girls of the Maddox Clan.  All married into the family.....Yep, those boys picked some good girls!
Danielle, Shannon, Me & Teresa.


Another doll face Miss Hannah.  She's Johnson Boy #3 Charlie's girlfriend of many many years.  Hannah & Uncle James dancing.



Ok, see if you can follow me here.  Here's all the Johnson kids (siblings) and their other halves.
From left to right.   Front row.  Josh (brother of groom), Peter (groom), Ashten (bride)
Back row.  Kevin (brother of groom), Charlie (brother of groom), Hannah (Charlie's GF), Paige (sister to groom)


When I came into the family Peter was only about 12 years old.  Kevin wasn't even thought of yet. Through the past 16 years I remember lots of sticky faces and dirty socks.  The excitement of your summer time visits, bicycle/motor bike wrecks.  Your uncle Steve coaching you into get baths at night.   Watching all you boys play ball and my sweet lil Paige being my favorite lil tag a long.   I've watched these kids grow into fabulous young men and women and are so proud of them.  They all warm my heart so much.  I know their mom and dad must to be very proud of them.   Thank You Gary & Cathy for inviting us to stay with you during this special time.  You all have always opened your heart and home to us and it means more to us than you will ever know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment