Sunday, August 14, 2011

My 100th Post so .....100 Things about ME!

1.  My name - Misty Jane.  Misty after "Play Misty For Me" and family name Jane.  Laura Jane, Theda Jane, Ruthie Jane.
2.  I'm a Virgo born in 1975.
3.  Born and raised in Muhlenberg County.
4.  Raised Up by 2 hardworking and loving parents.  Self employed parents who juggled a full time business and raising a family.  Always had us in church and taught us to not follow but lead.  Grew up Good & Slow, like American Honey.
5.  Middle child, only girl.  Two brothers Rick & Nathaniel.
6.  Nickname:  Misty Pig, Pig, Piglet, Aunt Piggie - Dad gave this to me I was about 5 yrs old.  While dressed up on a pink fufu dressed, my cousin decided to ride me thru mud puddles on the back of his bike.
7.  First memory of vacation.....Disney World with my parents & mamaw.
8.  Hated elementary school until my parents held me back in  5th grade.  Excelled from there and Loved High School.
9.  First Car when I was 15, a 1986 Pontiac Firebird- gray with T-Tops.  Got to drive it over 60 miles home, with no licenses.
10.  First kiss when I was 15.
11.  Loved dating & was a little boy crazy.
12.  Started dating the husband at age 18.
13.  Knew I wanted to marry the hubs after 3 weeks of dating.
14.  Got engaged 6 months later, married 6 months after that. Married on Fathers Day.
15.  Married into one of the best families ever!
16.  Pregnant with Boy #1, 3 weeks after I got married.
17.  Had Boy #2 three years later.
18.  My work history:  Sign shop,  Brewer Inc ., AT&T, Pharmacy Tech, Gift Shop Clerk, Yep- I get around. lol
19.  Have had some of the same best friends since school.  Kelly B, Courtney R, Jenny Y and Terri Beth B.
20.  Been all of the following: Soccer Mom, Baseball Mom, TKD Mom, Football Mom, Basketball Mom.
21.  Love to decorate my home, especially for Fall.
22.  Secretly wants an eyebrow pierced.
23.  Weight is probably my biggest battle.
24.  I have a "5 Finger Rule" when it comes to disliking people.  I only dislike 5 at a time, sometimes a new one comes along and someone gets the boot.
25.  I'm usually really nice til you really piss me off, then I attack when all has settled.
26.  I love to layout, listen to music, while on a float.
27.  I miss my mine rescue family something terrible.
28.  I'm scared of mice, lizards, and snakes.
29.  I use to love to ride horses, but now I'm fearful of them.
30.  I love roller coasters! But hate wooden ones.
31.  I pray when I have bad thoughts about people.
32.  I have 3 nieces and 2 nephews whom I adore.
33.  I regret a lot and would change a lot if I could go back in time.
34.  Love Sonic drinks.
35.  Love flipflops in the summer and Uggs in the winter.
36.  Favorite Starbucks drink is a Peppermint Mocha Frap. -even during the summer.
37.  I hate slow drivers that don't go the speed limit.
38.  I still love Backstreet Boys, NKOTB, and NSYNC.
39.  I hate to read books.
40.  My name is Misty and I'm a Face Book Addict.
41.  I love to make visits to the hubs workplace and drop off treats.
42.  I cherish my children, more than they will ever know.
43.  Favorite movie is Dirty Dancing.
44.  Love to get dressed up.
45.  I Heart Hobby Lobby like a Fat kid hearts cake.
46.  Favorite food is Pizza & Mexican!
47.  Love a good margarita.
48.  Hate Beer but like to taste it on my husbands lips.
49.  I faithfully go Black Friday shopping.
50.  Thinks you receive 10x what you give.
51.  Have a small addiction to repainting rooms.
52.  Says a lot of things that come out wrong.
53.  Likes to camp.
54.  Miss those that aren't here anymore and the stories they told.
55.  Has been a Days Of Our Lives watcher for about 23 years.
56.  Love the beach.
57.  Love Disney.
58.  Wants to scuba dive.
59.  Wants to ride in a Helicopter.
60.  Likes fried baloney sandwiches when out in the boat on the water.
61.  Misses our yearly car show mountain trips with the family.
62.  Thinks kids need to slow down and stop growing up to fast.
63.  Will always love my family, even when the fail or disappoint.
64.  Is digging the stay at home mom gig.
65.  Needs to save more money, start couponing.
66.  Loves winter if there's snow on the ground.
67.  Love to craft, make things for other people.  And I'm a gift giver, love that too.
68.  Love going to Market, retail is my passion.
69.  Have learned to expect the unexpected and to accept it with the challenge of coming out on top.
70.  Love me some Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, ZBB, Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney.
71.  Love me some ol' Hank, Conway, and Kenny Rogers.
72.  I always have hair color on, always!
73.  I'm blind at night.
74.  Traveling is my past time.
75.  Shopping is too.
76.  Childhood crush was Chad Allen.
77.  Today's crush....Brad Paisley, Bon Jovi,  Jason Aldean, Anderson Cooper.
78.  Never have smoked a joint.
79.  Can't stand for anyone to touch my feet.
80.  I've only had one pedicure, due to About Me #79.
81.  I love my Zija.
82.  Party Planner.
83.  Likes Major League Baseball games.
84.  Could care less about college basket ball games.
85.  Love photos and blogging.
86.  Hates walking for exercise.
87.  New found love - Bunco & Pinterest!
88.  Has never swim in the river.  scared - river monsters!
89.  Married to a coal miner, my sweet pea!
90.  Usually does not meet a stranger.
91.  Likes attention (at times).
92.  The older I get, the more I don't care what people think of me.
93.  The older I get, I realize how much I've missed.
94.  The older I get, I realize how much I need to do more for myself.
95.  I miss my Oprah shows.
96.  I love my Housewives shows.
97.  I need a new toaster.
98.  I am horrible at any sport that involves a ball.
99.  I'm lazy when it comes to keeping my car clean.
100.  I am me. I'm learning that everyday is a gift. It comes with ups and downs, highs and lows, surprises all the time.  Learning that I am not perfect or should not expect perfection in anyone else.  Seeing others for who they are and asking what can I do for them, not what they can do for me.  Letting one choose their own way and not trying to persuade.  Living with the choices I have made and accepting the consequence's that comes with them.  Learning & growing each day.  That's me!





2 comments:

  1. Love this! Did you take grandma to WDW? I never knew that, I love thinking of her enjoying Disney. You are such a sweetheart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and to the beach with Uncle Willy too. One of my most memorable vacations as a child. Miss her so much!

    ReplyDelete