Thursday, December 30, 2010

Reflecting Back 2010

The Maddox household has seen its ups and downs this year.  A lot of changes for our family and I'm not one to take change lightly when it involves people I hold dear to my heart.   As I reflect upon the past year, the song by Gary Allan "Life Ain't Always Beautiful" comes to mind.

In January, Kris said goodbye as a team member to one of the best group of men that I've ever known.  The Ky Coal Academy Trainers, Staff, Team Members, and families will always hold a special place in our hearts.  I am so grateful for the time Kris was able to train and serve with leaders and team members of that caliber.  It was a special time for him and for our family as well.  It opened many doors for his career in the coal industry and allowed him grow in so many areas.  These people will never know how they have touched our family with their kindness and generosity.



In February we said goodbye to Kris' Uncle Don.  What a character he was.  Always cracking a joke or telling a tall tale.  These are the memories that will stay so dear to our hearts.


Also in February we took our 1st Maddox Family Vacation to Walt Disney World.
This was Isabella's first trip to see Mickey, I'm so glad we were there to share it with her.


In March,  we celebrated Lane turning 14.


In April, Kris & I took a trip back to Disney to celebrate our 15th Wedding Anniversary.  Our anniversary wasn't until June but due to work, we had to go early. 


In May, Lane graduated from Middle School.  The last day of school is when his first knee injury occurred.


In June we started our remodel which continued thru December due to all the injuries that occurred in our family this year.  2 knee injuries, 1 hand injury, and 2 surgeries.  So we lived in a mess for what seemed like forever!  This just about made me loose my marbles.



Also in June, Karson & bestie Kennedy went off to camp for the first time.


 In August we attended the 2nd Annual Maddox Reunion at Rend Lake.  I married into one of the best families in the world (or I thank so anyway).  They love each other so much and are a blast to be with.  Always a lot of fun.


In August I sent my youngest son off 5th grade.  This will be his last year in elementary school.


And sent my oldest son off to his first day of high school.


At the end of August, we celebrated Karson turning 11.



In October, Lane injured his good knee during Tae Kwon Do.  3 weeks later he had knee surgery.



In December, my mom had back surgery.


We are all doing very well now and are looking forward to a Healthier New Year.


Remember Life Ain't Always Beautiful...........but it's a Beautiful Ride.
Wishing you the best for 2011 - The Maddox Family

No comments:

Post a Comment