Sunday, December 26, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Oh what a joy to wake up to a white Christmas here in Kentucky.  We see a little snow each winter, mostly a couple of 3-4" every now and then.  And sometimes we only see ice or nothing at all.  So for it to come on Christmas, that made my Holiday even better.

O.K. So my kid looks like we're shipping him off to the Marines next week and the other one looks happy about it!  Actually he's just Happy-Go-Lucky all the time.  They kinda balance each other out.  This was Christmas morning before going to my mother-in-laws for Christmas dinner.  So Lane doesn't normally tote a gun everywhere we go, that would only be a couple of knives.  Santa brought the gun to him and he just wanted to show it off to Papaw.   And maybe shoot a few rounds down the road.


A lot of the snow had melted away by dinner time, but Christmas Eve it was beautiful.  We didn't take Kris' truck to my moms that night, so we slid all way home, literally!

Karson just couldn't resist throwing a few snow balls.




We had supper with my older brother Ricky, wife Linda, and my niece Laura Beth Thursday night at my moms along with my other brother and his family.  We don't get to see them on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day so we always try to set another night aside to do Christmas with them.  My nephew Justin was not able to come, I missed him so much!  Wasn't the same without him.


Laura Beth & Kris.  She has grown up so fast.  She's has her CNA's and is working toward nursing school.

  
 Laura, Kinley, & Karson


My youngest nephew Payton


My niece Kinley


Karson, always happy with some Nerf.


Christmas Eve Day at home opening a few presents form mom & dad.



Christmas Eve at mom & dads.


About ready for Christmas Eve Dinner.


Lane on Christmas morning, like 4:am!


Karson on Christmas morning.




Nothing with him ever surprises me.  He's always the life of the party.


Christmas Day - Kris & his two grandparents.


Karson on Christmas Day at Mamaw Debbie's


Kris' niece Isabella trying to get Karson to be Woody.


Josh cooking up some crab & shrimp.


Lane trying on his new gear.


New Maddox tradition, Christmas Day Crab & Shrimp boil.


Can you say 3 little piggies?


Karson on his Green Machine his Aunt NaNa & Uncle Josh got him.  Yes they spoil him.


Lane happy with all his new gear.


Isabella holding the title of "Best Dressed" on Christmas Day.


As you can see, because of our family, we had a very blessed Christmas. 

1 comment: