Saturday, January 1, 2011

What Would You Say

When thinking of my New Years Resolution I pondered upon what was really important to me.  Yes, I would like to lose about 40 lbs, keep my house a little more in order and hold my tongue a bit more.  But I really wasn't feeling it.  So I opted to do something a little different this year.  Something to remind me to live better.

Reflecting upon the past year and how it seem to be so difficult to me.  I've reminded myself that there are others struggling with much more.  I have a healthy family, a warm home, and more necessities than I  need to live comfortably.

This morning I was reminded that tomorrow will mark  the 5th Anniversary of the Sago Mine Disaster that occurred on January 2, 2006 in Sago, WV.   I will never forget all the emotions that over whelmed me during that rescue.  Yes, I still consider it a rescue although only 1 out of 13 men survived.  I clearly remember the joy I had as Anderson Cooper covered the rumors that all 13 were alive.  I remember the community singing church hymns and ringing the church bells in the back ground.   5 hours later I woke up to learn that there had been some miscommunication at the command post.  Only 1 had survived.  So how does this have anything to do with New Years Resolutions?  If we all lived as this was our last day, we probably would'nt need to make New Year Resolutions because we would strive to be our best everyday.

Watch this video and tell me "What Would You Say" if this were your last day.  Mine sign would say

and thats my New Years Resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment