Sunday, December 5, 2010

A little bit of Coal, Snow, and HO HO HO

Saturday we loaded up the kids and headed to Madisonville for the Christmas Parade. Kris and some of his fellow workers passed out candy for the coal company that he works for.  My friend Sarah & I stayed behind the scenes and took all 5 boys to watch the parade.  I have never heard so many complaining kids in all my life, I swear I think we had 5 girls with us.  Yes, it was cold....and that's why you should listen to your mother when she tells you to wear lots of layers.  Well, Sarah & I had a good time!


Here are some picts of the company float.





Keith, Kris, and John T


Freezing & complaining boys.


Holy Cow!  That's a big cow!!!


Yes, we were freezing!  Can you see the joy in my sons eyes?




My Cutie Patootie!  I got candy, a Friends of Coal sticker, and a kiss!


STILL FREEZING! But warming up.


Happier boys, waiting to eat.


One of the Mine Rescue Wives, Kelly G working the bar at Oasis's.  I just love her! and miss her :(


Today was shopping day with some of the Deason & Brand Clan.  We took my mom out shopping for a few hours.  I think she needed some retail therapy. 


Nothing like an embarrassing little brother.


In line with the kids to see Santa.  Mine are too big, so they say.  So sad.


Had a good weekend with the family.  Now to get my house back into good shape after the new flooring comes this week.  My moms back surgery is Friday, so please say lots of prayers for her.
Have a Marvelous Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks like you all had a great weekend! Love the pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun weekend!! :O)

    ReplyDelete