Friday, November 5, 2010

Coal Is Cool

Burrrrrr........it's COLD outside!  My exact words when Lane & I headed out the door for PT this morning.  While Lane was in PT, I ran to the bank and to a lil store called On Main.  I found this cute lil 8 x 10, one of a kind just waiting for me.  It had my name written all over it.  Well, not exactly.......but look closer.....


 CLOSER.........


CLOSER...............BAM!  THERE IT IS! 


I said BAM, cause in a coal mining family you NEVER EVER say BANG OR BOOM!

Now isn't it just too sweet for words.  Did you notice the miner hat with light and the sweet lil coal buttons.  Just PERFECT for my Coalhearted Family!  You can see some of Rooti Patooti's art on her Face Book Page HERE.  Wait til you see the UK & UL framed art, can you give me an A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E?  Ok, so I was a cheerleader in my younger days, but they are absolutely adorable.

At lunch today I dropped off a few pieces of Kris' Mine Rescue Gear to be made into something very special.  I have a friend who is doing a lot of cute stuff these days.  Between the two of us, I think we came up with some pretty swell ideals for this lil project.  Her name is Leslie and you can read her blog HERE or visit her Busybee Stitchery Face Book page HERE.  I am so excited to see the final product, I'll post pictures as soon as I have it in hand.

I'm thinking about doing nothing this weekend but cleaning this dirty house and spending a lot of time in the laundry room.  I have company coming this Thursday, 5 young (very young) adults will be checking in a Casa Maddox on Thursday.  Kris' cousin Paige and 4 of her friends are coming down from the big town of Chicago.  Looking forward to seeing them, just hope I'm not too old to keep up!  Y'all have a Good Weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Awwwe! Coal is cool, now that's awesome! Its too perfect! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the print! No pressure, yeah right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat is that!!! THat was really meant for you!!! Have a great weekend! I'll be rockin my free big girl panties!!!

    ReplyDelete