Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ky State Mine Rescue Contest

Today my mine rescue peeps are in Lexington competing in the state contest with out Kris and I.  We miss them all so much, its such an honor to have served on a  team with such astonishing teammates.  The past 3 years have been some of the best.  They are like family, they'll never know how much they truly mean to us and what mine rescue has done for our family.  I'm very proud of my husband too, not many get chosen for this opportunity and excel in this area with the best of the best.  So to all my girls and The Kentucky Coal Academy Mine Rescue Team......Good Luck this week, enjoy and take it all in, cause you're gonna miss this!

Last Years Team.....Miss Ya ll!

My Girls!

Kris & I before banquet

The family after competition

If you are a coal family and don't know who serves on your mine rescue team, take an opportunity to find out.  These men are the backbone that may bring your husband, father, son, brother, or loved one home to you in case of a mine disaster.  We hope and pray these men never get called out, but when they do, they are the first ones in and the last ones out.  Tell them how much you appreciate them for their hard work and dedication.  These men are trained to sub stain harsh conditions physically and mentally.  And their families are at home, praying for the best not knowing what is being given to them.  Pray for them and keep them close to your hearts, I know I do mine!  I love you Ky Coal Academy and Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment