Sunday, January 9, 2011

A great start to 2011

My daily or simidaily blog has pretty much turned into my weekly blog here lately.  Life is flying by and I'm trying to document our family happenings as often as possible.  Its now Jan 9 and I haven't blogged since Jan 1st. I'm really behind.  A whole weeks worth to talk about.  2011, great so far.

Friday night we welcomed in the New Year at our friends Jenny & Scotts.  We played alot fun games and had alot of great food!  Karson loved Kamdens new Xbox Kinect.



Jenny (the hostess) and I


All of us girls - Jenny,Julie, me, & Penny


Scooter!


Julie


Sunday Kris grilled lunch, it was sooooo good.  These are his famous honey grilled wings.  Hooter wings are now my second favorite.


Lane took his first tour of the mines this weekend.  He looks really big in the picture.  I don't have a little boy anymore, he's all grown up :(


A continuous miner.


Kris on a golf cart.



Sunday evening we went to Chuckie Cheese to celebrate my niece Kinleys 8th Birthday.  We had pizza & cake, played lots of games, and then we went to Toys R Us.



My nephew Payton is a handful.  Look at that face!  He tickles me to death.


I got Payton these splatter painted jeans for Christmas.  They are just super cute!


I've been waiting patiently for a friend of mine to start on a project for me.   Her name is Leslie at Busybee Stitchery .  She took Kris' mine rescue cargo pants and some accessories I have collected (like pens, team number, and brass belt tag) added some cute material to it and this is the finished product.  I picked it up this week and of course,  she did a great job!!!!  I was very pleased.  Thank You Leslie!!!

Front of bag, the cargo pants side pocket double as a side pocket on bag.  The #2  was the patch taken from his contest shirt.


Bible Verse on side John 15:13
Notice the lil Mine Rescuer man on the key chain.  One of my favorites!  Super Cute!


Back side, again....another usable pocket.


Inside is his brass belt tag.


Wednesday I met up with an old friend James "Cab" Hampton and his wife Paula for lunch.  It was so great to get to see them.  I've only seen James a few times in the past 17 years and this was my first time meeting Paula.  She's a gem, really sweet.


Friday night Karson tested for his Green stripe.  He passed!
Below he breaks for his instructor, Mr. Johnson.


Receiving his stripe from one of the school instructors, Mr. Edwards.


My lil Karson with a "K" as Mr. Johnson calls him.


Karson & Mr. Johnson


Had a  busy but fun week.  Now I'm catching up at the house work and packing for this weeks trip.  I'll be heading back to Atlanta for Market with Mary Lee in a few days.  Hope the boys survive and the house stays in somewhat decent shape.  My mom will be here helping with the boys, so she'll keep a watchful eye out.  I'll post pictures of my trip when I get back.  I (heart) my job!!!!

Have a Marvelous Monday!

2 comments:

  1. You need to look at Becky Higgins Project life. i just ordered one. Its a scrapbook kit for one picturen a day for a year. I got one last year and made it the first three months and then quit. I'm starting again this year! I am so glad that you like the purse. It really was fun working on it! I was pleased with the results, but would love to do another one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know some fitness tips here. Is it possible to burn 20% fat in just one month is really surprising. I had heard from my friend that zija products also help in losing weight up to 10-15% in a month.

    ____
    zija

    ReplyDelete