Monday, March 19, 2012

Special Project

A friend (co-worker) of my hubs seen the necklace I made out of Kris' in/out brass tag and  asked me to make some jewelry pieces for him.  And of course I said yes, cause crafting is one of my favorite things to do.   Well I just assumed they were for his wife but when he dropped the tags off my mouth dropped and tears filled my eyes.  A few months ago, one of our miners was on his way home from working 3rd shift, he was involved in fatal accident that took his life.  The tag on the bracelet was his belt tag.  For those who do not know, a miners belt tag is how the mines identify you.  Miners wear this tag on their miner belt at all times.  The tag on the necklace is an IN/OUT tag.  This tag is used by the coal company to check you IN/OUT (underground / above ground).  


So as you can see this was a very special project.  My stomach was in knots all week wondering if his wife would like LOVE them as much as I do.  I didn't want to mess up anything so precious to her.  So I carefully thought about what I would want if it were me.  Kris helped me with the bracelet and I really love the way it turned out.  I hope that she is able to wear it and feel him close to her.  The necklace by her heart and the bracelet by her hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment