Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Jr. Beta State Convention

Gooooooooooo Beta's!
Took a trip a few weeks ago with Karson's Jr. Beta Club at school to Louisville, Ky for the Ky State Jr. Beta Convention.  Here is our Rep for Reporter.  #4 Hannah and her mom Sherry.


My Bestie and I got to chaperon together.  Karson hung out with boys, so I was paired up with Jenny, her daughter Kennedy and about 6 other girls.


Hannah giving her speech for Reporter.


Kennedy (my Bff's daughter) aka My Step Child, Favorite Lil Friend, My Roo & Chelsea (her BFF).


Jenny & I during convention.


Our group up for Song Fest.


These girls were so much fun.  Really good and well behaved.


Some of the groups from other schools put on great performances.  Sorry for the blurred photos, I think its time for a new camera.




After competition, we took the girls down to 4th Street to get some grub.  There was hardly any time to eat during the day and by 9:30 that night, the girls decided to skip out on the dance and feed their face!  I have to say, I was starving too.



Like I said earlier, these girls were a blast.  Made my job so easy.


I think they were "smitten" over the waiter.  He was alot fun and catered to girls like crazy.


Here's the tip they left.  Some cash, coins that spelled out THX (Thanks in text) LOL, they also left nice lil tips on paper.


Curfew was 11:30 and we made it with 2 minutes to spare.  It was a late very late night (3 1/2 hours of sleep).  Jenny & I somehow got "creamed" with shaving cream.  So we got up early and decorated the girls room.


Oh, this is terrible.  Look at poor Chelsea.  She must of been very cold during the night, she's between the mattress and the liner.  Her parents are going to wash her down in Lysol when they see this.  Sorry.


I did manage to see Karson and some of his buddies during the events.  But other than that, he pretty much left me in the dust to run with the boys.


My sweet lil cousin Kaitlyn had a bruised hip but hung in there during the whole trip.


And the Winner is..... Hannah for Reporter!  Go MNMS!!!


I did get one photo together at the end of the trip with K and I got to eat with him and his friends at the Spaghetti Factory.

 
It was great trip!  After a few days of long naps and early nights, late mornings.  I'm finally caught up on my sleep and I'm ready to sign up for next year.  Go Betas!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you gals had fun...I see you went to fourth street live...my neice just recently had her bridal shower there..hope you had fun in my neck of the woods...ha.ha...thanks for sharing...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty...YES...you should be able to comment on your own comment form..but you can always come bye my blog and do the same..only thing is your word verification is on..and alot of times that keeps people from commenting on your blog posts..you can turn it off..in your settings...just have to browse around..every time i comment i have to type it two words to leave a comment..it's your preference and yes fourth street live has been crazy...alot of gangs running around down town and alot of shootings...that's why i keep my kids in the country...some clerk just got shot at the thortons on broadway...geesh!! some people will do anything for a dollar..thanks for stopping bye ...if you need any help just leave me a comment on my blog..i have some health problems i ran into..and my doctor is not treating me fair so i will be on and off untill i figure out a a solution.. ~sabri~

    ReplyDelete