Sunday, March 20, 2011

TTCA National Tournament 2011


Yesterday was the TTCA TKD National Tournament in Louisville, Ky.  We went up the night before with some of the other families so that we could support one of our TKD family members, Ron Poole.  He was testing for his black belt.  And yes, he passed!!!


Congrats Ron!!!
After testing the Poole family treated us all to dinner to celebrate!


Karson and fellow team member Cole.


Some of the Poole family.


Saturday morning we got early, ate breakfast, and came back to the room to change and rest before the tournament.


Ready to go!


Karson with his instructor Mr. Johnson.  The bunny ears are traditional for Karson with a "K" and Mr. Johnson TKD photos.


Sparring Begins!  Very exciting!!!



Resting in between rounds.


1st in Sparring


1st in Forms!


Karson placed 1st out of 16 in sparring and forms in the peewee green belt division.


One Happy & Proud Family!


  My mom and dad drove up early that morning to watch.  This was their first tournament and I think they had a good time.  My mom was so excited and proud of her little grandson, she packed those trophies around like they were hers!


To My Karson:

You are growing up into a fine young man just like your brother Lane.  I am so delighted that I get to call  you my son.  Being a mom to you and Lane is the best gift I could ever receive.

"Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes"

Congratulations on your big day!
Love Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment